What do you do when your site's core versions isn't considered compatible with a version of an add-on? It can be tricky and might not work correctly, but if you want to test it out, try these instructions assuming the name of the add-on is
Note: this may break your website. Only attempt this if you know know what you are doing and working on a copy of your site for testing.
- Navigate to your MarketPlace Projects page and “Release From Project” the
- Navigate to your profile in MarketPlace (the head icon) and click on Purchase History.
- Under the Edit Profile click on Licenses on the right hand side
- Click on the black text “download archive” which will save the package onto your computer.
- Next FTP to your web server and delete the
XXXXXfolder in the
- Extract the ZIP archive that you downloaded in step 4 to your local computer.
- Upload the
XXXXXfolder to the
/packagesdirectory on the server
- Open your Concrete CMS site and navigate to the dashboard, Click on the “Extend Concrete” item
- You will see
XXXXXis still listed as the old version
- Click on the dashboard menu item “Updated Add-Ons”
- You will see that you can now update the installed version of
XXXXX. Click Update and you are now complete.