Transferring ownership of an add-on and a theme
If you encounter a Concrete CMS add-on or theme that you love but not being maintained, you may want to ask the author to help or take over the add-on or theme. Here is the quick step-by-step guide of how to transfer the ownership.
- Submit a ticket to the add-on or theme's support page to see if they respond
- Locate the author's contact info and try to send a DM or email via author's website. If you are contacting outside Concrete CMS marketplace, share what is your Concrete CMS marketplace username.
- Discuss the terms, free or paid and other conditions for the ownership transfer.
- Submit the request to PortlandLabs via its' contact form
- PortlandLabs will email original author to confirm the ownership transfer. The registered email address of Concrete CMS community must be used.
- Once PortlandLabs confirms the transfer agreement, they will transfer the ownership to you. There is NO notification.
- Check if the item is in your Add-on & Theme page.
- IMPORTANT Visit the add-on or theme's support page, and enable
Monitor. Otherwise, you won't get a new support ticket.
- Change and adjust add-on/theme description page, submit a post to Concrete CMS forum to tell the world that you now in charge of the add-on or themes.
I've been seeing that great themes and add-ons disappears. It's sad. Let's maintain them as much open source way as possible.