The Challenge of Organizing Files
Organizing a multitude of files on a website can be daunting. Traditional folder structures often limit a file to a single category, which can be restrictive since many files logically belong in multiple categories.
The Solution: File Sets
File Sets in Concrete CMS offer a flexible and organic way to organize files. A file can belong to multiple sets, each with its own order independent of the file itself. This system allows a single file to be categorized in various ways, eliminating the need for duplicates or complex folder structures.
Creating Sets and Adding Files
- Accessing Sets: Choose "Sets" from the file options menu in File Manager.
- Adding to Existing Sets: Check boxes next to existing sets to add a file.
- Creating New Sets: Type a new set name to create it. Sets can be public or tied to specific permissions.
- Filtering Sets: If you have many sets, use the search field to quickly find a specific set.
Searching Within Sets
- In Set(s) Option: In File Manager, use the "In Set(s)" filter to search for files within specific sets.
- Combining Sets in Search: Add multiple sets to your search to find files that exist in all selected sets.
- Removing Sets from Search: Easily exclude sets from your search filters.
Managing File Sets
- Editing Set Names: Change the name of a file set through the Details tab.
- Reordering Files: The 'Files In Set' tab shows all files in the set, allowing you to rearrange their order, which is particularly useful for image galleries that follow set order.