The API section in Concrete CMS's System and Settings is dedicated to configuring and managing the Application Programming Interface (API) integrations, enabling external applications to interact with your website. This section is crucial for setting up and securing API access.
API Integrations manage the connections between your Concrete CMS website and external applications or services.
- Creating Integrations: Set up new API integrations by specifying the external application details.
- Access Tokens: Generate and manage access tokens that authorize and authenticate external applications.
Scopes in the API settings define the extent of access that API integrations have within your Concrete CMS website.
- Defining Scopes: Determine the specific areas and functionalities of your site that each API integration can access.
- Access Restrictions: Use scopes to restrict API integrations to only necessary parts of your website, enhancing security.
API Settings provide overarching configurations for how your website's API functions and interacts with external services.
- Endpoint Configuration: Define the API endpoint URLs and paths.
- Rate Limiting: Set limits on the number of API requests to prevent abuse and ensure server stability.
- Security Enhancements: Implement additional security measures like API request logging and IP whitelisting.