The Optimization section in Concrete CMS's System and Settings is dedicated to enhancing the performance and speed of your website. This section is critical for ensuring that your site operates efficiently, providing a smooth user experience.
Cache & Speed Settings
This feature is crucial for managing the caching mechanisms of your site to improve its speed and performance.
- Caching Options: Configure various caching settings like block cache, overrides cache, and full-page caching.
- Speed Optimization: Adjust settings to optimize load times and responsiveness, which is vital for user experience and SEO.
- Customizable Settings: Tailor caching settings to match the specific needs of your site, balancing between performance and dynamic content delivery.
- Advanced Options: For more sophisticated sites, advanced caching options like cache lifetime and cache flushing can be managed here.
The Clear Cache function provides a simple way to manually clear the site’s cached data.
- Immediate Effect: Useful for immediately applying changes that might not be visible due to existing cache.
- Troubleshooting: Assists in resolving issues related to outdated cached content.
How It Works
- One-Click Clearing: With a single click, you can clear various caches, ensuring that users see the most up-to-date content.
Automated Jobs in Concrete CMS are tasks that run at scheduled intervals to maintain site optimization.
Automation of Tasks
- Scheduled Maintenance: Set up tasks like search index updating, sitemap generation, or log clearing to run automatically.
- Efficiency: Automating these tasks ensures that they are performed regularly without manual intervention, keeping the site optimized at all times.
- Job Scheduling: Configure how often each job runs, be it hourly, daily, or at a custom interval.
- Manual Triggering: Apart from their scheduled runs, jobs can also be triggered manually when immediate execution is required.